[GSBN] Strawbale houses can fly!

martin hammer mfhammer at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 24 18:51:41 UTC 2009

Thanks Catherine.  It¹s amazing to watch the beautiful straw bale Ecohouse
³fly² from its birthplace in the National Mall to its permanent home in
Maryland.

Very recently another SB house took to the air.  At last weekend¹s CASBA
conference Darcey Donovan showed a slide of the full scale Pakistan house
specimen built at the University of Nevada, being lifted by crane and
³flying² over to the indoor shake table for testing.

The shake table test will occur this Friday.  We¹re looking forward to what
this important test will reveal about the system being used in Pakistan, and
SB in general.  To my knowledge it will be the first full scale SB building
to be tested on a shake table.

Martin Hammer