[GSBN] Fire case studies

Lance Kairl sabale at bigpond.com
Thu Jun 14 00:06:06 UTC 2018

Thank you Bob and Jim,

Yes while  1 ½  inches (35mm) is common in many of the fire tests that achieve a 2 hour fire rating . Expressed in Australia as a fire rating level ( FRL ) of Frl 120/120/120

People often forget in some climates the fire source, the wood fire ,may burn 24 /7 for a number of days or weeks a year, not just for 2 hours.

Wood combustion heaters , manufacturers specifications are the best guide, along with considering straw as Flammable. Heat transfer through the render causing smouldering is not uncommon.

As always it is interesting repairing , seeing and learning from such events, sad as they are for the owners, trust yours is recovering quickly .

Regards lance.