[GSBN] Wall Detail

Chris Magwood chris at endeavourcentre.org
Thu May 24 12:44:36 UTC 2018

Hi Lance,

This is great! We priced out using the straw panels on our "dry"
modules, but as they are no longer made anywhere in North America the
cost of shipping (and associated carbon footprint) ruled them out. But
they were definitely our first "go to" choice.

I'm wondering if you did something to "dense pack" the straw chaff? If
not, will it have a tendency to settle over time? I'm excited to try to
run some chaff through the same equipment used for dense packing
cellulose. I also have a feeling that hemp hurd could be used this way,
and would give a higher insulation value than straw chaff because of the
"foaminess" of each piece of hemp hurd.

So glad to see someone has done what we initially thought about doing!
Isn't that usually the case... And isn't that what makes this list so
valuable?

Chris

--
Chris Magwood