[GSBN] Adding Massey Burke - CASBA's West Coast Natural Building Conference

David Arkin, AIA david at arkintilt.com
Mon Mar 26 17:56:00 UTC 2018

Hello Global Balers:

I’m writing first to nominate Massey Burke as a full and posting member of this network.  Massey is a longtime natural builder and educator, CASBA member and our current financial administrator.  With Chris Magwood she co-authored the chapter 'Straw and Other Fibers: A Second Harvest’ in ‘The New Carbon Architecture’, Bruce King’s latest book.  Massey is researching the supply side of sequestering carbon in soil, comparing a wide range of methods for growing straw.

Here’s her email if you have any questions:  massey.burke at gmail.com <mailto:massey.burke at gmail.com>  I’m happy to answer any here on the list also, and appreciate any ‘seconds’ to her nomination.

Also a reminder of our upcoming West Coast Natural Building Conference, April 13-15, at Camp Ocean Pines in Cambria, CA (near San Luis Obispo / Central Coast):  https://www.strawbuilding.org/event-2791185 <https://www.strawbuilding.org/event-2791185>  Our ‘Early Bird’ registration has closed, but if you’re traveling from afar please don’t hesitate to email me and I’ll give you a code for a discounted registration rate.

Thanks,

David A.

David Arkin, AIA, Director
California Straw Building Association