[GSBN] Australian Architects or Engineers to Modify Plans

David Arkin, AIA david at arkintilt.com
Fri Dec 8 16:36:21 UTC 2017

Hello AusBalers:

We’ve been contacted by a gentleman in Tawonga South, Victoria, interested in purchasing one of our designs that we make available via Andrew Morrison’s www.strawbaleplans.com website.  Here’s the built project on our website:  http://www.arkintilt.com/chalk-bluff-cabin

The cabin is roughly 90 sq. m and he’s aiming at closer to 140.  Plus it’s designed in feet and inches, utilizing readily available U.S. framing and SIP panels, but likely not what is common in Australia.  Thus we’re suggesting he find someone closer to his project to work with.  I mentioned the network and offered to reach out to see if anyone might be interested in modifying this design to suit his needs and local customs and codes.  Thus this email.

If you’re interested please send me a short note and I’ll forward it along.

Thanks,

David Arkin / ATA & CASBA
david at arkintilt.com

*  *  *  *  *
Arkin Tilt Architects
Ecological Planning & Design
1101 8th St. #180, Berkeley, CA  94710
510/528-9830 ext. 2#
www.arkintilt.com

David Arkin, AIA, Architect
LEED Accredited Professional
CA #C22459/NV #5030

Director, California Straw Building Association
www.strawbuilding.org
CASBA is a project of the Tides Center

"There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."
— A. J. Muste