[GSBN] Punched.tv Looking for 'Building Off the Grid' Home Project Ready to Start

David Arkin, AIA david at arkintilt.com
Tue Jun 6 19:11:17 UTC 2017

Hello Straw Building Enthusiasts Locally and Globally:

CASBA has received an inquiry from an accomplished television production company looking to feature an off the grid home through its construction.  If you or one of your clients, friends or acquaintances have a possible opportunity, please forward this note to them.

Please see Julian Seltzer’s note below.  I wish our firm had a project that meets their criteria, but we don’t currently; I’m hoping perhaps someone out there (and in particular with a strawbale project) does.  This would be a great way to bring greater exposure to Renewable Materials and Building With Carbon.

Thanks,

David Arkin / CASBA

*  *  *  *  *

I truly appreciate you sharing this project with CASBA. I work for Punched Productions.  You can check us out here: http://punched.tv/ <http://punched.tv/>

About the project:
​
We're currently in a development deal with a network to create an episode about alternative lifestyles for a Building Off the Grid series and we're hoping to cast a build for that ASAP.

If you are participating in a project that is about to begin construction or know someone who is, I'd love to connect.

Specifically, we are looking for a project that is completely off-the-grid. Meaning they're building in a very remote location, away from the norms of society, perhaps there is no running water nearby, no town to buy groceries —it doesn't need to be this extreme but can be in that ballpark. It must be a dwelling, it must be in the beginning phases and it must be starting in May or June.

*
​Email julian at punched.tv <mailto:julian at punched.tv> or call 718.422.0704 <tel:(718)%20422-0704>
​

Thank you for all your help!

--
Julian Seltzer
718.422.0704 ext. 108

*  *  *  *  *

Arkin Tilt Architects
Ecological Planning & Design

Please Support (or Join?!) my 2017 Climate Ride (bicycling 300 miles from SF to SLO, June 9-13, with a fundraising goal of $5,000 to support Straw-Bale outreach)
http://support.climateride.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=4497 <http://support.climateride.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=4497>
Thank you!

David Arkin, AIA, Architect
LEED Accredited Professional
CA #C22459/NV #5030

1101 8th St. #180, Berkeley, CA  94710
510/528-9830 ext. 2#
www.arkintilt.com <http://www.arkintilt.com/>

"There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."
— A. J. Muste