[GSBN] energy efficiency.

Nehemiah Stone nehemiah at stoneenergyassc.com
Mon May 15 16:52:55 UTC 2017

It might be important to remember that this is a newspaper reporter, and remember who her/his audience is. The reporter is likely looking for a sweeping, usually and generally accurate, estimate. While the nuances of “compared to what?”, and “in what climate?”, are important for builders, energy geeks, and clients who are considering their immediate home-building options, for a newspaper article, those details are in the weeds.
I suggest that you give her/him a range, like “between 20% and 50%.” You should tell the reporter that there are a lot of variables that can affect how big that percentage is, but unless this reporter also writes for a more technical journal, s/he is not likely to want to get into that level of detail.

Best,
Nehemiah Stone
Stone Energy Associates
(916) 663-1225 (office)
www.StoneEnergyAssc.com<http://www.stoneenergyassc.com/> (not yet live)

“The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.” Dietrich Bonhoeffer