[GSBN] sound test for bale walls

Rene Dalmeijer rdalmeij at mac.com
Sat Mar 11 12:17:10 UTC 2017

Bob,

As you might know we have done a test for sound insulation in a proper acoustic test facility here in Eindhoven, The Netherlands many years ago. This results of this test you can find in The Design of straw bale Buildings. Since then comparable tests have been executed in Germany these have a formal status. Although probably straw bales behave differently in Germany then in USA.

ie in all cases the numbers we have come up with are around 45 dBA (meaning A weighted) Variance between test results is can be declared due to variances in the structure of the test section.

Rene Dalmeijer Proces Advies
Thomas Hoodstraat 2
1086 WE Amsterdam

06 48955419