[GSBN] NBNE gathering

ejgeorge at riseup.net ejgeorge at riseup.net
Tue Mar 7 05:43:24 UTC 2017

Natural Builders Northeast annual gathering is at the end of the month
near Buffalo NY. General info is below. If you have general questions, I
can probably answer them, but if you have anything specific, please
contact this year's organizer: Megan McNally - meganmcnally at gmail.com

Feel free to forward to any natural builders you know in the Northeast,
mid-Atlantic, or Great Lakes states. Thanks!

I believe the Ontario one is the following weekend...

NBNE Buffalo 2017 Gathering
Fri, Mar 24, 2017, 4:00 PM – Sun, Mar 26, 2017, 2:00 PM EDT
Camp Timbercrest, 11169 Moore Rd, Randolph, NY 14772

Tentative Schedule
Friday 3/24:
5pm Arrival/Meet and Greet in Holland, NY
6pm Pizza night! Whiskey! Wonderful people!

Saturday 3/25:
8-9am Breakfast
9-10:30 Breakout Session 1
10:45-12:15 Breakout Session 2
LUNCH
1:15-2:45pm Breakout Session 3
3-4:30pm Breakout Session 4
BREAK (relax, unwind!)
6:30pm Dinner
7:30pm PechaKucha/Presentations

Sunday 3/26:
8-9am Breakfast
9-10:30 Final breakout session
10:30-11:30 NBNE Business & Goodbyes!
Presentations
Track 1: Efficiency/Affordability/Scaling up (more technical/building
side of things)
Track 2: Public Engagement (ex. methods of teaching, diy empowerment,
how to engage with customers, how to identify allies and create a
movement)

If you are considering presenting, please send:
1. Tentative Title/Topic of discussion
2. A couple sentences about what you'll be presenting and how you'd
present it (will you do a demonstration? do you need a powerpoint? is it
interactive? This is a creative group, so think about trying something
new!)
3. Do you need 1 1/2 hours? Or 3 hours (with a 10min break)?
PechaKucha: 20x20. A way to present your work in a quick format. Bring
20 photos of what you do, each photo gets shown on a projection screen
for 20 seconds each. Please bring a flash drive with the photos of your
work!

Lodging
Camp Timbercrest. There are bunk beds and cots and a range of cabins to
stay in. More details to come soon...but plan on bringing
sheets/sleeping bags.

Transportation
If you plan on flying in to Buffalo or arriving by train, please let us
know so someone can pick you up. I will be driving back from Albany
around 5pm if someone needs a ride, though you'd have to arrange
transport back to Albany area via other ride or train.

Pricing: $50-60 (pay on arrival)