[GSBN] Getting bales to the noDAPL camp in North Dakota

David Eisenberg strawnet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 19:44:21 UTC 2016

As many of you probably know, there has been a continuing effort in North
Dakota to block the Dakota Access Pipeline at the crossing of the Missouri
River led by the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and hundreds of other Native
American tribes and thousands of others. There are several efforts underway
to construct shelters for the water protectors over the winter, including
building some straw bale structures. This morning I was tagged in a message
on Facebook about getting bales to the Standing Rock camp in North Dakota -

Does anyone have a trucking company that might want to donate drive time to
pick up truck loads of hay bales from areas in south and North Dakota and
do multiple runs to standing rock? It's crunch time folks temps are about
to drop into the teens with snowfall in the near future!

So, I was wondering if any of you know any bale suppliers or others in the
region (or wherever) who might have the ability to transport bales to the
camp? I think that the expenses for fuel and maybe more can be covered.
This is an opportunity for the natural building community to lend some real
support to an extremely worthwhile and crucial cause.

You can contact me directly or post here to the list. Thanks!

David Eisenberg