[GSBN] Straw on edge with stick (stud) frame

Jacob Racusin buildnatural at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 5 12:39:08 UTC 2016

Hi Jim,

We've been doing this technique for a few years now, in a few different
ways. We coined a term "StrawCell" to describe the hybrid system, a web
search for that term should turn up a few blog posts and videos. I'm not
sure if I was the originator of the post, as others have been using this
technique as well, but I'd be happy to chat further.

Cheers,
Jacob

On Mon, Jul 4, 2016 at 4:58 AM, Jim Carfrae <jim.carfrae at plymouth.ac.uk>
wrote:

> Hello
>

> A couple of years ago details of a bale wall system using bales on edge
> against a stick frame were posted here.
>
> I can’t find the original post, and would like to contact the originators
> of the idea.
>
> Can anyone out there help?
>

> Jim
>

> Dr Jim Carfrae
>
> Environmental Building Group
>
> Room 302 Roland Levinsky Building
>
> School of Architecture, Design and Environment
>
> Plymouth University
>
> Drake Circus
>
> Plymouth PL4 8AA
>

> 07880 551922
>
> jim.carfrae at plymouth.ac.uk
>

> ------------------------------
> <http://www.plymouth.ac.uk/worldclass>
>
> This email and any files with it are confidential and intended solely for
> the use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
> intended recipient then copying, distribution or other use of the
> information contained is strictly prohibited and you should not rely on it.
> If you have received this email in error please let the sender know
> immediately and delete it from your system(s). Internet emails are not
> necessarily secure. While we take every care, Plymouth University accepts
> no responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan emails
> and their attachments. Plymouth University does not accept responsibility
> for any changes made after it was sent. Nothing in this email or its
> attachments constitutes an order for goods or services unless accompanied
> by an official order form.

Jacob Deva Racusin
Co-Owner
New Frameworks Natural Design/Build