[GSBN] Prefab hoe-down

John Swearingen jswearingen at skillful-means.com
Thu Feb 25 03:31:02 UTC 2016

*"But it feels like movement in the wrong  direction." --Robert Theis*

ah, yes...but.....

“We're all mad here," the Cat said.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
'I don't much care where -' said Alice.
'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
'- so long as I get SOMEWHERE,' Alice added as an explanation.
'Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, 'if you only walk long enough.”

Even a bale building with flat walls and sharp corners will feel different
from any other. I know this to be true, because last weekend a Past
President of the AIA came up to our booth and explained it. After declaring
that she'd worked with earth blocks and strawbale, she then gazed at me
seriously through her glasses, and said,

*"The blocks....they are hard. [pause]*
*"Strawbales.....they are soft."*

*I nodded seriously.*

*"They have a different feeling," she said. *

So now we have it on authority; the best panel wall will still be imperfect.

John "Soft Core" Swearingen
(and credit to Bob for inspiring this thread as we chatted in front of the
dairy section at the infamous Berkeley Bowl market).