[GSBN] Sound transmission through s/able walls

Graeme North graeme at ecodesign.co.nz
Mon Feb 22 22:08:33 UTC 2016

Hi Rene - I am sorry to hear that you - and some others - will not be joining us for ISBC 16 .

It is along way to come, but it will be a great event - the organising committee have done - and are doing-  an amazing job.

And thanks for your comments on the s/bale sound transmission.
It backs up what I thought.
The client I was working for has a very odd but disabling hearing accident that has left her super sensitive to any extraneous noises.
She talked to an acoustics engineer who told her that only mass will reliably stop sound so I have been instructed that the walls will not be straw but 400mm thick rammed earth. The thermal performance goes out the window, as the sound will come in, -  but there you go. Clients!

Kind Regards

Graeme