[GSBN] Thermal resistance test reports for strawbale walls

martin hammer mfhammer at pacbell.net
Thu Jan 7 01:19:40 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I and fellow GSBN members Nehemiah Stone and David Eisenberg are seeking
thermal resistance test data/reports. We are already aware of the following
U.S. tests:

McCabe, et al ­ 1993
Sandia Labs -  1994
Oak Ridge National Laboratory (ORNL) ­ 1996 and 1998

We are also aware of the following test outside the U.S.:

Vienna Univ. of Technology ­ R.Wimmer, et al

The purpose of our search is to re-evaluate the thermal resistance
properties stated in the current Strawbale Construction appendix in the 2015
International Residential Code (which is based on the second ORNL test).

Any reports or links to reports are greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and a happy, healthy, and peaceful New Year to all !

Martin Hammer