[GSBN] New Mexico frost depth

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Tue Mar 11 22:09:47 UTC 2014

A round strawbale abode. I really like the idea. Here in Vietnam we will
start building round pig pens with thatch roofs. We want to make the house
and the pig pen indistinguishable.

In this link, I give drawings of a round pig pen in brick:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22013094/Paper/Summaries/Alternative%20to%20Biodigestion.pdf
But we would like to find a mini-baler and bale rice straw.

I am excited about the new way of raising pigs and chickens that we are
putting into practice in Vietnam. I think that this approach could be
implemented in the USA. I know that this is a big departure from strawbale
construction. But mention is made of a small gasifier that we use for
household cooking. I think that this gasifier could be used in kitchens in
strawbale houses.

Many thanks.
Paul

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:26 AM, tina therrien <strawbus at auracom.com>wrote:

> Hi all! I am going to be helping my sister-in-law build a round straw bale
> abode just outside of Santa Fe, New Mexico. I'd love to hear from any New
> Mexico builders (off-line would be great, thanks!) about the Santa Fe frost
> line and best foundation options for the region (they're considering rubble
> trench). I could just google it from way up here in Canada, but I figured
> it might be quicker, and wiser, to ask builders who know the area.
>
> Thanks a bunch!
>
> tina therrien
>
> Camel's Back Construction
> Quality, handcrafted homes