[GSBN] Mushrooms emerging in construction realm as insulation | Architecture And Design

Bruce EBNet bruce at ecobuildnetwork.org
Wed Mar 5 16:58:57 UTC 2014

These guys (Ecovative mushroom insulation) will be at the BuildWell Symposium in two weeks, as will a lot of cutting edge low-carbon healthy building materials.  I've heard a rumor that even our own Emily Riedel-Niehaus, maybe even Desert Dave Eisenberg, will be here.

Y'all are invited!  It ain't cheap, no, but it's as affordable as the organizers could manage.  Natural building will be part of it in company with Life Cycle Analysis, 3-D printing, innovative use of waste products, and more.

3-D printed clay buildings, anyone?  Hemcrete high rise?  Concrete grown like coral?

Ed Mazria of Architecture 2030 and John Warner of Green Chemistry will keynote, but many great speakers.   Please find a way and come!

Thanks,

Bruce King, PE

March 19 -- 22, 2014, Sausalito, CA
www.ecobuildnetwork.org