[GSBN] Less traffic on groups.

Lance Kairl sabale at bigpond.com
Thu Feb 27 22:04:45 UTC 2014

Hi all,
Part of the decline in less traffic on groups is the huge increase in
sources of information out there,
Novice practitioners' designers engineers can locate a huge volume of detail
from many sources, Including the archived files of the GSBN etc.

This is a good thing.
Our own Ausbale list receives far fewer requests for information, mainly I
suggest because the previous posts are readily accessible.
Face pages tend to drop previous posts off into the abyss, prompting less
looking and more repeats of the same question types.
This may be a reflection of the computer systems used.

This is also born out by my own web page, " I've looked at your wonderful
website but ...can I build a 2 story straw bale house?"
What they do is find a web address so they can ask a question, one they
would have found the answer to if they looked/ read.

Face pages seem to provide endless chit chat, real conversations / details
are found in the forum archives.

Mass transfer over to ONE popular system may not result in progress.

Thank you to all those maintaining forum archives and lists,
Keep up the good work.

Cheers lance.