[GSBN] FASBA Fire test 8th January 2014: 8mm Lime plastered straw infill wall successful >90min

John Swearingen jswearingen at skillful-means.com
Fri Feb 7 20:28:08 UTC 2014

Well, the kind of off-gassing I'm most familiar with makes little kids
giggle, but I do recall that the Air Quality Control Board here in
California had problems with some noxious chemicals in the burning straw,
not just the particulates.

It's worth mentioning that in a most likely scenario takes a while,
hopefully a long while, before the straw becomes rampantly involved in a
fire.  By then, the furniture, ceilings, floors, computers and television
sets have all been smokin' for a while.

John