[GSBN] pdf on the 8 story sb building

André de Bouter forum at lamaisonenpaille.com
Sat Jan 18 18:53:31 UTC 2014

Yes Herbert, monsieur Olivier Gaujard & Co are doing interesting SB
buildings. They are a structural wood ingeneering company handling quite
ambitious projects. They are also responsible for the fire testing that
was done that alowed the building of the 5000m² school (2 storey I
believe). http://www.issy.com/une-ecole-en-paille
And that project and testing has also opened the sea (like mozes ;-) for
many other projects.

Its quite amazing to see how public SB projects are 'booming' in France
at the moment. The media talks a lot about SB (big and small) also.

I just wanted to mention that I sent this type of messages with the hope
it can help you persuade hesitant desicionmakers to jump the hurdle.
But I do not think that BIG is BETTER. And I personnaly much more enjoy
well designed and poetic small (or Tiny) stuff.
Nor do I try to show off that France is 'ze best'.

Vincent Pierré sent me 3 pics. Those who want them can contact me (I'm
not able right now to put them on my website)

Wishing you all a nice weekend,

André - you may say I'm a dreamer- de Bouter
France