[GSBN] Its official : The French SB Network has bought the oldest known SB p&b in the world

contact at lamaisonenpaille.com contact at lamaisonenpaille.com
Tue Nov 12 11:51:01 UTC 2013

Hello eveybody,

During our bi-annual national gathering last weekend it has been
announced and celebrated that a couple of days ago, the French SB
Network bought the Feuillette house, build in 1921 in Montargis, France.

Raising the funds has not been a piece of cake and has not finished! We
have been able to come up with a serious amount of cash and the rest of
the sale has been (temporarily)
fincanced by personal, solidary (0% interest) loans from our members.
When there is a will...there is a way!

A lot of work has been done to get this far, and the team will ofcourse
keep up the work because those solidary loans will need to be reimbursed
(and some of them allready next month). So you understand that, with a
lot of faith, enthousiasm and good will we have baldly gone where we
think our responsibilty ask us to go: preserve this unique SB building
and increase its value as a tool to aide the worldwide SB building
development.

We now have the keys!!!  I'm sure you can imagine the festive ambiance
that reigned last weekend, dancing into the early hours...

I presume that an official announcement from the team responsable for
buying the Feuillette house will be sent out at some point (more is to
be said on the projects we have with the house). But they deserve a few
days rest before doing so. I just wanted to let you all in on the great
news that some of you have (finanancially) helped realise.

So, if you agree that this is great news and if you have a few yens,
dollars, euros or cute little pearls stached away somewhere. You are
very much invited to support our effort that still is in need for : 'a
big sum' AND 'financial proof' that many people and organisations
arround the world care to preserve this building as this helps us to be
convincing when approaching potential funders in France. Ofcourse we
like receiving big amounts of cash, but we don't snob at (many) small
amounts ;-)
Last, but not least : if you know of any international funds that we
might be able to tap into, don't hesitate to inform us.

The Feuilltete house website : www.cncp-feuillette.fr
For donating : (in french... oops)
https://sites.google.com/a/compaillons.eu/maisonfeuillette/faire-un-don
For congratulations and for asking how to donate 'in english',or
offering other ways to help: here is the email of the 'Feuillette team'
contact at cncp-feuillette.fr <mailto:contact at maisonfeuillette.fr>

Wishing you all a wonderfull day,

André de Bouter
France