[GSBN] release of the ASR on Straw Bale, June 8th Victoria BC Canada

Ian Redfern ian at adobesouth.co.nz
Tue Jun 11 17:12:49 UTC 2013

FANTASTICO  !   And a great level of indebtedness to all the participants
and research sources who produced the ASRi  "the Straw Bale  alternative
Solutions Resource"

This resource is long overdue and most welcoming for us here in a wet,
humid, seismic and cyclonic northern New Zealand  THANK YOU ALL ! ! !

I recommend all serious straw balers (architects, designers, builders and
followers to purchase this (for a mere $can 25) as it is so readable and
in plain language too ! ! !
The references are readily accessible for the most studious to use when
supporting an application for consent or permit

My only addition is to expand on the reference to the N Z earthbuilding
Standards for eaves protection - this is a conservative stance which
exceeds those promulgated in the resource by providing ratios of up to 1 :
1 for high exposure and wind zones

WELL  DONE

Regards

Ian