[GSBN] Modelling or measuring mass effect of interior plaster

Graeme North graeme at ecodesign.co.nz
Sun May 12 23:07:11 UTC 2013

At at PLEA (Passive and Low Energy) confce held in Auckland many years ago (1994?)  someone whom I have now forgotten from a university in Western Australia presented a paper that concluded that the more thermal mass in the INTERIOR os a building the better a building performed in all climates.
and uninsulated thermal mass exposed to the exterior climate can be a liability in some climates.

I wish I could now track that research down - it may be of benefit to this discussion.

cheers

Graeme
Graeme North Architects
49 Matthew Rd, RD1, Warkworth NZ 0981