[GSBN] Historic Day for Strawbale Construction !!

martin hammer mfhammer at pacbell.net
Tue Apr 30 17:16:15 UTC 2013

Hi Luc and Andre,

The proposed appendix can be downloaded from EBNet's website at:
http://www.ecobuildnetwork.org/strawbale-construction-code-supporting-docume
ntation

The web page also includes numerous supporting documents for the proposal.

The proposed appendix does allow plastered strawbale walls to be
load-bearing and/or to be used as shear walls.

HOWEVER, although this committee approval is huge, the proposed appendix is
not yet part of the IRC.  There is still a Public Comment period, and a
Final Action Hearing in October.  The chicken is not yet fully hatched,
though we¹re cautiously optimistic.  More details later.

Martin