[GSBN] New CASBA Facebook Page (and new Director!) (and tribute to M&J)

martin hammer mfhammer at pacbell.net
Thu Apr 18 16:01:03 UTC 2013

Hello all,

>From my office comfortably within the walls of the first straw bale building
in Haiti, I echo Frank's words of congratulations and encouragement to David
Arkin as CASBA's new Director.  CASBA is in very capable hands and spirit
with David, as it has been for the past 14 years with Maurice and Joy
Bennett.  So as we welcome David at the helm, I acknowledge M&J's
exceptional years of service, leadership and inspiration as CASBA's
director.  Many times it has been said that CASBA would no longer exist if
it were not for Maurice and Joy.  Thank you Maurice and Joy, and thank you
David !!!

Martin (some like it hot)(and humid) Hammer

PS - The Ti Kay Pay (small straw house) that Andy Mueller and I (and
numerous others, including Tina Therrien) constructed over two years ago is
performing quite well here in Haiti's tropical climate (with a few lessons
learned).  See www.builderswithoutborders.org for photos and other info.