[GSBN] (not) Re: The Mechanical Ventilation Debate

RT archilogic at yahoo.ca
Sat Mar 23 16:39:03 UTC 2013

On Fri, 22 Mar 2013 a Derelict on the loose with a CO sensor gizmo wrote:

> I've just started documenting this with my new super-sensitive carbon
> monoxide meter.  I've tested the houses of two friends, who have fairly
> new, good-quality wood stoves.  When I visited, my CO meter initially
> read 0 parts per million.

[later] > the meter showed an increase in the CO level in the
> room, measured at a distance of about 12 feet from the stove.  In one
> case, the meter hit over 40 ppm, in the other, around 30 ppm.  In both
> cases, the readings were still over 15 ppm an hour later,

[with (false) indignancy] This proves NOTHING !

Meter, schmeter. All this proves to me is that if I were to invite the
Derelict into my home, I can expect the CO levels to increase from 0 ppm
(as they were before he got there) and stay higher than 0 ppm until he
left .

And besides, why were the homeowners adding more wood to the woodstove
while he was there ?

An energy-efficient home would have seen a temperature increase due to the
additional body(s) dancing about the room, frantically poking the CO gizmo
into this corner and that.

Something fishy with this "research" if you ask me and I'm not talking
about fillets.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom					AOD257

< A r c h i L o g i c  at  Y a h o o  dot  c a  >
(manually winnow the chaff from my edress if you hit "reply")