[GSBN] Strawbale in India?

Sarah Seitz sarahseitz5 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 18 19:01:33 UTC 2013

Hi Kelly,

Perhaps the folks at Auroville could refer him to someone practicing locally? (http://www.auroville.org/thecity/architecture/appr_technology/appr_building_technology.htm)

Surkhab Khan Jadoon, PAKSAB Director (http://www.paksbab.org/html/), may also have suggestions and recommendations. (surkhab.dosti at yahoo.com).

Sarah

________________________________
 From: Kelly Lerner <klerner at one-world-design.com>
To: Global Straw Building Network <GSBN at sustainablesources.com>
Sent: Saturday, March 16, 2013 10:47 AM
Subject: [GSBN] Strawbale in India?

Hi all,
I've had a recent inquiry about strawbale in India (see below). Do you have any leads I can send this fellow?

Kelly Lerner, Architect
One World Design Architecture
509-838-8812
www.one-world-design.com

Everyone does better when everyone does better.
Beautiful, Smart, Attainable, Sustainable

>Name: Tarun Jain
>E-Mail: tarunj at yahoo.com
>Phone: 00919414136133
>Fax:
>
>Dear Sir
>I am from India and I want to construct eco friendly house in my
      city
>I got your company information through internet
>there are few things about geographical condition
>1. it is hot place. in summer temp goes to sometime 50 degree, it
      is desert area
>2. in summer hot and sandy wind flow too much
>3. water have problem specially in summer
>4. ground water is almost difficult to take out
>5. winter normally just for couple of months and in winter
      normally sunny days temp is high as compare with night

>so i want to build house to take maximum use of nature like temp
      is very hot so i want to use maximum temp i want to convert into
      energy and same i want to apply for wind too
>i want our used water should be reused at some places
>small garden can be flourish with waste water and waste foods.
      something like that few more things