[GSBN] Bale density

asbn asbn at baubiologie.at
Sun Feb 17 19:53:16 UTC 2013

Dear Martin

Weights are for actual density and are tested normally on the field
(so normally include 12-15% humidity),
in ETA (European Technical Approval) it is additionally defined that a
strawbale has to fulfill the following quality-criterias:
maximum humidity: < 15 % of weight
additionally weed: < 0,5 %
rest corn: < 0,4 %

Bulk density according to European Norm EN 1602 lies between 95 kg/m3
and 120 kg/m3 (-10%, +15% of theoretical density)

kind regards
Herbert Gruber
asbn - austrian strawbale network
3720 Ravelsbach, Baierdorf 6