[GSBN] Bale density

asbn asbn at baubiologie.at
Sun Feb 17 17:55:27 UTC 2013

I our old tests in Austria by Technical University of Vienna/GrAT the
minimum weight for ideal thermal performance is 85kg/m3
Since 2008 we have a new buildings-strawbale, which was tested
ETA-10/0032 with a minimum weight of 95kg/m3
Germany starts with a minimum weight of 90kg/m3

here are the links to our tests in Austria:
Wärmedämmleitwert-Überprüfung (first test 2002)
http://www.waldland.at/de/waldviertler_flachshaus/strohdaemmung/produktspezifikation/

tests in Germany by FASBA:
http://www.baubiologie.at/download/Pb-lambda1.pdf

I all the tests we used wheat-straw

We use the certified (building)bales for non-loadbearing walls as well
as for (a few) loadbearing walls

regards
Herbert Gruber
asbn - austrian strawbale network