[GSBN] Positive politics about Palestine, strawbale and earth

Tom Woolley tom.woolley at btconnect.com
Wed Nov 14 21:42:13 UTC 2012

Dear Alex

that sounds great ..I thought there was support for Palestine in what
you were doing, and its great to have these direct links, so it is
clearer

Derek Roff was disquieted at me raising political issues but maybe USA
is a long way from the Israel/Palestine situation whereas we are more
sensitive to it in Europe
What happens in the Middle East is critical to peace in the world

Derek thinks that politics should be kept out of GSBN discussions, but
we all live in a political context, it cannot be swept under the
carpet as it affects everything we do

I support the use of natural materials because I am against the use,
for instance,  of petrochemical materials like Dow Styrofoam
  http://www.bhopal.org/tag/dow-chemical/
We cannot avoid politics but we can find positive ways to change the
world using our science and technology in an ethical way

Surely if we are being asked to endorse members in GSBN we have to
consider ethical and social issues.
Would we accept nazi or racist or anti semitic balers?

When we built our strawbale school room in County Down , our planning
approval was opposed by Ian Paisley's DUP party
Orangemen against strawbale building?

Surely by building with natural and low impact materials we are trying
to save the planet
You can't get more political than that

thanks

Tom