[GSBN] FW: Straw Bale Construction Inspections

David Arkin, AIA david at arkintilt.com
Wed Aug 1 16:03:11 UTC 2012

Hello Mr. Carter:

For starters, here is a link to the CASBA (California Straw Building Association) web store:  http://www.strawbuilding.org/sbweb/content/store  Scroll down about 2/3s of the way to the 'Building Officials' Guide to Straw Bale Construction', available at the low, low price of only $17.  It contains several test reports as well as general information that will likely prove helpful.  There is a fair amount of information found on the CASBA website as well.

I can forward you our typical inspection regimen later today.

Best,

David Arkin, AIA
CASBA Outreach

On Aug 1, 2012, at 8:31 AM, Joyce Coppinger wrote:

> Forwarding this message to the GSBN for reply to Don Carter <donc at ci.sandpoint.id.us> and the GSBN list. See below.
>
> Joyce Coppinger

*  *  *  *  *
Arkin Tilt Architects
Ecological Planning & Design

2012 Fine Homebuilding Home of the Year
http://www.finehomebuilding.com/item/23225/video-2012-houses-awards-best-new-home
http://www.finehomebuilding.com/item/23235/off-the-grid-straw-bale-getaway

David Arkin, AIA, Architect
LEED Accredited Professional
CA #C22459/NV #5030

1101 8th St. #180, Berkeley, CA  94710
510/528-9830 ext. 2#
www.arkintilt.com
"There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."
— A. J. Muste