[GSBN] rice hull moving equipment question

Paul Olivier paul.olivier at esrla.com
Wed Jul 25 20:25:51 UTC 2012

Darrel,

We tried to move rice hulls using a cellulose insulation blower.
It did not work at all.
You need a sawdust blower as typically used in wood-working shops.
See slide 46 of
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/22013094/Rice%20Hull%20House/The-Rice-Hull-House2.pdf
If the hulls are dumped outside, do not let them get wet.

Thanks.
Paul

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Darrel DeBoer <Darrel at deboerarchitects.com
> wrote:

>  Paul, (and others who have worked with rice hulls),
> Next week I want to move 80 cubic yards of rice hulls into the walls and
> roof of some new wood construction.  I have heard mixed reviews about using
> a cellulose insulation blower to move this stuff.  Ideally, since the place
> the truck will dump is a couple hundred feet away from the building, it
> would be nice to move it in one fell swoop... and since my California snow
> shovel doesn't exist, what is my second choice?
>
> --
> Darrel DeBoer
> 854 Allview Ave
> El Sobrante, CA 94803