[GSBN] Biophilic Design Study Completed

Laura Bartels laura at greenweaverinc.com
Wed May 16 21:51:51 UTC 2012

Dear GSBN community,

I have had a fascination with biophilic design for years now and have been waiting for this study by Terrapin to be completed. With five years of study behind it, it offers very credible and convincing support to the notion that bringing nature and natural elements into design is a critical cost saving measure which supports health, productivity and learning. I thought this group would appreciate seeing this link and having access to the report.

The concept of biophilia implies that humans hold a biological need for connection with nature on physical, mental, and social levels and this connection affects our personal well-being, productivity, and societal relationships. – Sheeps Meadow, 2004

http://residentialarchitect.com/green-design/biophilic-design-could-save-millions-of-dollars.aspx?cid=RADS:051512
http://www.terrapinbrightgreen.com/

Laura

Laura Bartels