[GSBN] Strawbale wall mold

Bohdan Dorniak bdco at adam.com.au
Tue Mar 20 22:34:36 UTC 2012

John

I would test the height of the wall with a moisture meter to see where the
moisture is the highest on the wall -top or bottom? It seems that the mould
is in the middle?

One of the photos does show a window(?)

Also there seems to be a corrugated ceiling. (Moisture build up on the
ceiling and running into the wall?)

What sort of render? Type of sand - does it contain salt and is the render
absorbing the moisture from the room because of salt content (in Adelaide
this happens -we call it salt damp)?

When did the mould first appear?

Is there a toe up - can't tell from the photos.

Definitely needs an inspection.

Hope this helps.

Bohdan