[GSBN] international women's reigning straw bale olympic champions

Bruce King bruce at ecobuildnetwork.org
Mon Mar 12 17:32:19 UTC 2012

what are my plans for them...?

Thoroughly honorable, I assure you sir.  My plans for them are to use
as illustration -- I'll soon be giving day-long seminars for building
professionals on natural building (so far in Victoria and Portland).
Mostly this will be a survey of how much engineering knowledge we have
about earth, straw, hemp, bamboo, shipping containers, concrete
rubble, etc, and how to use it.  But there has to be a bit on
integrative design, and I couldn't imagine a better single
illustration than the stunning, come-from-behind victory of the Grrls
of Peterborough.  Collaboration trumps Machismo again!

If any of you want help training your local engineers, architects and
building officials -- which is what the seminars are basically for --
then please give me a shout.  I love this kind of stuff, coaxing minds
open to the idea of building outside the fossil fuel mindset.

Bruce King
bruce at ecobuildnetwork.org
(415) 987-7271