[GSBN] Question about SB insulation at foundation/ceiling

Frank Tettemer frank at livingsol.com
Tue Jan 24 16:08:37 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have just received a message from the designer of the yoga centre,
that I was busy criticizing in my previous post.
The Sivananda Yoga Centre is still alive and well over a decade later.

I apologize to the GSBN group, and to Michel Bergeron, for handing down
that mis-information about the Sivananda Yoga Centre. Michel has had no
such reports of mold problems, and as the designer, he would certainly
be the first to hear about it.  It takes a foolish commnet from someone
like me, to deeply upset the credibility of straw bale construction. And
worst of all, this negative comment coming from a straw bale builder!

There's a strong lesson in all this for me, to examine all my sources of
information, and to not speak about things of which I have no first hand
knowledge.

Deeply chagrined, deeply humbled,

Frank Tettemer