[GSBN] HUD and straw bale

Mark Jensen markj at redfeather.org
Thu Jan 12 19:11:16 UTC 2012

Greetings fellow straw enthusiasts,

I have a question for y'all. Our organization Red Feather Development Group
is looking into possible funding via one of the national housing nonprofits
that receive federal dollars to administer a  HUD Self-help homeownership
opportunity program (SHOP). Do any of you know if HUD recognizes straw bale
construction as fundable housing? Red Feather doesn't build enough homes a
year to qualify on their own and would need to be umbrella'd under a larger
program, but again the bigger question would be HUD recognizing straw bale
construction.

Thanks for any input.

Mark

Mark Jensen

Construction Program Director

Red Feather Development Group

PO Box 907

Bozeman, MT 59771-0907

T: (406)585-7188

F: (406)585-7187

markj at redfeather.org   www.redfeather.org <http://www.redfeather.org/>

-Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail