[GSBN] Proposal for New Member

Bill Steen bill at caneloproject.com
Thu Jan 5 15:51:35 UTC 2012

I think there is someone that this group would benefit from should he be accepted as a member.
His name is Kyle Holzhueter, a few of you may know him, we met him via our work with different craftsmen, etc. in Japan.  He has been very active in straw bale building there while acquiring his PhD from Nihon University.   He was just visiting here over the holidays, leaving a copy of his thesis behind.  While there he researched interstitial moisture control with straw bale while simultaneously educating himself in traditional Japanese building arts - Timber Frame, Thatching and Plastering.  So in short, I'd like to propose him for membership.  A good insight into the work he is doing can be found on his blog at:  http://holzhueter.blogspot.com/     Not only does it cover the work he has done in Japan, but visits to South Korea and the States as well.

Best to all.

Bill Steen
bill at caneloproject.com
www.caneloproject.com