[GSBN] Admin: Proposal for Non-posting subscribers

Frank Tettemer frank at livingsol.com
Mon Dec 12 12:05:28 UTC 2011

I'm supportive of all of these responses to the topic.  And your
rewording, Derek, is brilliant.
You'd almost think that your clear wording was written by a linguist.

Speaking as someone who reads all the posts, but is definitely not so
informed as to respond to all of the posts,
I feel that there is a great deal of experienced knowledge written in
the whole GSBN collection.  A few years back, I was a bit concerned that
the 'exclusiveness' of the list was detrimental to the whole idea of
spreading information.

Now I see that the 'inclusiveness' of experienced, non-judgemental
members is what sets this list apart from the banality of most internet
transactions.  Going public with the list's out-put seems generously
altruistic, yet keeping the small membership encourages personal

Me, I am delighted to share in these discussions, in the early hours
before going to work.  It's a lot more soulfully uplifting that
subscribing to the main stream morning papers.

Cheers,
Frank

--
Frank Tettemer
Living Sol ~ Building and Design

I think the concept of this change is excellent, Bill.  I like the
changes in wording that Kim and Bruce have suggested.  Perhaps the term
"natural building" might be included in the description, as well.

I wonder if we can find a clearer way to describe this new initiative,
that anyone may receive/read the activity of the list.  My concern is
that "non-post mode" may not always get the idea across, especially to
those for whom English is a second or third language.  Here is my stab
at it:

The Global Straw Building Network (GSBN) is a private discussion list
with publicly available archives [add live link to archives].  In
addition, anyone may sign up to receive copies, via email, of all
postings to GSBN.  [And right here in the text, we should have a live
link to a webpage that will explain how people can sign up for this new
"non-post" mode that Bill has proposed.  Then, back to Bill's wording,
"It is composed..."]

What do you think?

Derelict

Derek Roff