[GSBN] Catalan vaults

Chris Magwood chris at chrismagwood.ca
Sun Dec 11 16:55:05 UTC 2011

Hi all,

The mention on this list some months back about Catalan vaults (or
Guastavino vaults) sparked my interest, and we've now decided to forge
ahead and build one as the roof for a buried, earthbag root cellar at
Trent University.

Does anybody have experience building these, or know of anybody who
does. I'd like to try and hire in somebody to lead us in this build.
It's a small structure (18 x 22 ft) so it won't be a long build, but I
always like to have someone knowledgeable in charge when doing things I
haven't done before.

The budget for the project is not high, but I would be willing to try
and cover travel costs, food, lodging and a bit of cash for the right
person.

Let me know!

Chris

--