[GSBN] GSBN name and scope (was Nomination of Paula Baker-Laporte)

Mark Piepkorn duckchow at potkettleblack.com
Wed Nov 23 19:27:13 UTC 2011

Yeah, when we came up with the idea for this list all those years ago,
we specifically intended that it not be limited to bales - and not
really even limited to straw. But straw was the most common element, and
it had a nice symbolic value as well. The name has been Global Straw
Building Network all along.

Three cheers to Bill Christensen, by the way, the real hero of this
thing. Our mechanic, plumber, janitor. We wouldn't be here without him.

Mark