[GSBN] High Performance Strawbale

Kelly Lerner klerner at one-world-design.com
Mon Oct 3 16:22:57 UTC 2011

Hi Alfred,
Thanks for bringing up these important questions! I remember that David Arkin once posted an excellent energy report along with blower door testing info on a house that he had designed in northern CA. I've attached it. It would be great to collect all the blower door testing completed on strawbale houses in one location. I've been thinking about having some of my houses tested, just to get a good feel for how they are performing.

The best insulation info for strawbale buildings can be found in "Design of Straw Bale Buildings", Bruce King et. al.

Cheers,

Kelly Lerner, Architect
One World Design Architecture
509-838-8812
www.one-world-design.com

Everyone does better when everyone does better.
Beautiful, Smart, Attainable, Sustainable