[GSBN] earthen floors

Kelly Lerner klerner at one-world-design.com
Mon Mar 21 08:05:10 UTC 2011

Hi all,
I've really appreciated the excellent discussion about sealing earth floors. We such a wealth of knowledge and experience! and the technology to share it!

Two things have especially jumped out at me: first, it all depends on locally available, easy to use resources that work well in the local climate and second, it takes time and experimentation to find a good solution. As I found in China, if it's not pretty straight forward and without too much hassle, it won't get used. Also, if you can find something that's already been used successfully in that climate (the historical, vernacular solution), start your experimentation there.

Kelly

On Mar 19, 2011, at 9:59 PM, Bill Steen wrote:

> But you know, what conclusion I've come to over the years when it comes to this stuff, especially working in Mexico.
> When it comes down it, more often than not, one goes with what's there, convenient, cost effective and not too much hassle.

Kelly Lerner, Architect
One World Design Architecture
509-838-8812
www.one-world-design.com

Have you read Natural Remodeling for the Not-So-Green House? Available in Bookstores across the Universe.
www.naturalremodeling.com