[GSBN] earthen floor sealer in Haiti

Chug chug at strawbale-building.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 15:44:24 UTC 2011

I know a little about this from my involvement in biofuel and as Derelict
wrote some oils are termed drying oils as they dry to a hard finish at
normal room temperature,

Dammar oil, from the Canarium strictum,
Linseed oil, used in paints, also suitable for human consumption.
Poppyseed oil, similar in usage to linseed oil but with better color
stability.
Stillingia oil (also called Chinese vegetable tallow oil), obtained by
solvent from the seeds of Sapium sebiferum.
Tung oil, used in wood finishing.
Vernonia oil is produced from the seeds of the Vernonia galamensis.
(Ironweed)

In addition to the oils listed here, walnut, sunflower and safflower oil are
also considered to be drying oils

regards
Chug
chug at strawbale-building.co.uk