[GSBN] building in Haiti

martin hammer mfhammer at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 1 22:34:52 UTC 2011

Andy,

Bruce was not talking about a SB wall, but our BWB team is concerned about
that, and a few Haitians have questioned it.  I¹ve never heard anyone report
how easy or difficult it is to break through a plastered strawbale wall,
even if unreinforced clay plaster.  Our manually made Haiti bales are only
12² thick (like the Pakistani bales), with external bamboo pins, with clay
plaster and no mesh, but I suspect it is still no easy task to break through
that wall.  Probably even prevent penetration of a powder propelled
projectile.

Martin