[GSBN] building in Haiti

Andy Horn andy at ecodesignarchitects.co.za
Tue Mar 1 19:43:55 UTC 2011

Hi Martin

I agree it is more about securing the windows and doors.

Plaster aside, for anyone who has not yet tried - but getting through a wall
of straw is no mean feat.

I once got called in to look at saving storm wrecked load bearing SB after
the guys building had left for a long weekend without covering up ..so I
helped with cutting out chunks of un-plastered wall, so as to retrofit in
sets of load bearing timber posts. Armed with a chainsaw you would be
surprised at just how difficult it was.

Andy Horn

  _____