[GSBN] Recording Studio in Straw

Jim Carfrae jim.carfrae at plymouth.ac.uk
Fri Feb 18 17:25:18 UTC 2011

Hi All

I know of two studios in the UK, both in Bristol.

The first is a dedicated music facility called "Strawdio" (I wonder if anyone else has used that name!) http://www.pindropclub.co.uk/strawdio/journal.htm

The other is a general purpose studio built by Rik Lander who works in film. http://www.bristolgreenhouse.co.uk/

I have done some recording in my own SB house, and the engineer commented on the great acoustic qualities of the straw.

Jim

PS I've submitted my PhD thesis on the moisture performance of straw, I will let it out once I've been examined in another 8 weeks or so.

Jim Carfrae
PhD Research Student

Room 119, Reynolds Building
University of Plymouth