[GSBN] Fw: photos of Toowoomba yesterday ....

Chris Newton chris at newtonhouse.info
Thu Jan 13 01:20:33 UTC 2011

Thanks all for your humour, thoughts and advice.
We are rolling up our sleeves and helping out the locals getting silt out of there homes as the waters go down
Fri 21st we will be back in Emerald and take some core samples to see what is going on. still no changes in the Rel Humidity or Moisture Content
While up there we will put lime render over the internal body coat so the building can be operational again.
Reconstruction will be in April. Still waiting to here from the council to find out if they want straw or another option to replace the first bales.
The floods have now peaked in Brisbane and thanks to the very clever people playing with the flood gates at the Wivenhoe dam, a lot of properties were spared. The Dam has been at 190 – 200% capacity since the big down fall last week. The trick was to save the wall and regulate how much of the city got flooded. The clever people were all back slapping this morning, though I doubt it is all over for them yet. Over 60 suburbs have been effected.

Thanks for the reminder, we are the lucky country down under. With 75% of Queensland now declared a disaster area, we’ll hose off and get up again. My thoughts are with those 12 months on in Haiti.

Love to all
Chris and Col