[GSBN] Looking for experiences with AAC and Rastra

John Straube john at buildingscience.com
Thu Dec 23 17:49:35 UTC 2010

There is no problem with EPS below grade. Widely used and is code approved in Canada. Mostly good marketing by Dow leads people to choose XPS.
Use draining backfill or drainage dimple sheet and the ICF rarely sees any water anyway.
Some ICF guys recommend peel and sticks as waterproofing: I don't and believe a drainage gap membrane is higher performance as well as cheaper and more reliable.

John Straube
519 741 7920
Sent via BlackBerry