[GSBN] Experience with Wrapping CMU with Strawbale?

Jakub Wihan kuba at jakubwihan.com
Tue Dec 21 07:57:29 UTC 2010

Dear Mark,

Even though we didn't wrap the concrete, we have successfully managed
to wrap a brick house in the Czech Republic in May 2008. May be you
will find the following link useful >>> http://www.jakubwihan.com/projects/Brazec.html
   >>> No airspace, wrap under compression in two directions (down and
simultaneously towards the existing wall), new - superinsulated roof
with large overhangs, draining and thermally insulating plinth under
the wrap, clay render. That would be summarization of the project. In
case you have any question please don't hesitate to contact me.

Keven Le Doujet >>> keven.ledoujet at googlemail.com >>>  had been
researching strawbale wrapping for the University of Cambridge in
2008. His thesis >>> Opportunities for the large scale implementation
of straw based external insulation as a retrofit solution of existing
UK buildings “How much of a good idea is it to externally insulate
existing UK buildings with straw bales?”  >>>  might be a good resource.

With warm wishes

kuba