[GSBN] Fwd: [SB-r-us] Attic fire, in a straw bale duplex.

forum at lamaisonenpaille.com forum at lamaisonenpaille.com
Tue Nov 16 10:26:26 UTC 2010

Bonjour,

If I understood correctly what I read somewhere, odor (particules) gets
mostly transported by the water vapour molecules that they are clinging
to. That's why compost and cat 'toilets' both don't smell that bad.
Drying the matter (and the air) inmensly reduces the amount of odor.
Now Bill's anecdote made me wonder if the clay particules that like to
bind the water molecules so much might in that process also store the
odor particules.

André - Fire... huh huh... - de Bouter
France